Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sarah Clarke remarks on 'Bella' & 'Renee's' relationship in the 'Twilight Saga'


Sarah Clarke has spoken up on something which is rarely addressed - the odd relationship between "Renee" and "Bella" in both the books and the films.
Speaking to Say What News, she remarked on the fact that after "Bella" moves to Forks, Washington in the story, she has very little contact with "Renee." Clarke admitted to finding that weird, saying, "Yeah it’s weird . . . being a mother of two girls myself I found it very frustrating . . . I finally had to make peace with it and decided that Renee was a different mother than myself. I also have to remember that Bella was 17..and not 3..so by then there is a lot more independence."
She did, however, find some justification for the way things are between them. "I think the key to understanding their bond is that there is a mutual respect of personal and emotional space. Renee really does see Bella as an adult and an equal to her . . . that’s why she doesn’t crowd her," she explained.
via theexaminer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment