Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Breaking Dawn Red Carpet Experience through my eyes RECAP


On Sunday, November 13 my sister and I arrived at the SLS Luxury Hotel in Beverly Hills at about noon.  The hotel was so BEAUTIFUL.  I've never been in such a luxurious hotel before and the treatment was above and beyond like the hotel image itself.  After we unpacked and got settled down, we decided to take a stroll to have a look around L.A. and ventured to Graumann's Chinese Theater.  We did not realize how far it actually was from where we were until we got there on foot at about 3:30.  Rob, Kristen and Taylor's hand and foot prints were not in the ground yet as they were still settling so we weren't able to touch it but we still got to see it.  After walking three hours there, we decided to take the Metro and then eventually a cab back.  After a long day of walking we came back to the hotel to a snack which consisted of an assortment of three different kinds of cheeses with apricots and nuts separating the cheeses with a bottle of wine.  As I finally sat down, I looked over to the door and found another surprise.  It was an "Edward prefers Brunettes" bag from Volvo.  In the bag full of goodies, there was a "Mrs. Edward Cullen" sweatshirt, an "I'd rather be reading Twilight" coffee mug, a "I drive like a Cullen" sparkly bumper sticker, a Volvo jacket, a Volvo hat, two Volvo water canisters and portable speakers for my Ipod along with our itinerary for the next day.  After feeling so exhausted from the horrible time of trying to find our way back to the hotel and looking like death (haha), Jaclyn and Maria asked to get some pictures and an interview the night before the premiere.  I wasn't too thrilled with the idea because I wasn't camera ready but we made it work and after meeting these two wonderful ladies....I was so comfortable to talk to them and forgot how exhausted I actually was.

The night of into the early morning the day of the premiere I could not sleep.  I felt like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting anxiously for my presents.  I woke up at 3 am L.A. time awaiting what was in store for me for the day. We took showers at 9 am and did our hair three times before we had to leave the hotel for the day and had to make sure we were at perfection.  At 1:30 we met up with Jaclyn and Maria for an interview and photos.  We then had reservations at Tres Restuarant with Linda (title), Stephanie (Linda's Assistant), Daniel, Jaclyn and Maria.  My heart was racing so fast and I had so many butterflies in my stomach that I could hardly eat anything.  After lunch we left right away to head to the premiere.

After checking in and getting our tickets from Will Call, we approached the "red carpet" which was actually black (haha).  So many things were running through my head as I approached the "red carpet" such as AMAZING, CRAZY and INCREDIBLE to name a few.  As I first stepped onto the "red carpet" my eye was on the prize...I NEEDED TO GET A PICTURE AND AN AUTOGRAPH WITH ROB.  But for the time being, I set that aside in my mind and wanted to make this night a SUCCESS.  I'm not going to lie...I didn't know all the new comers of the Breaking Dawn cast but I did get to talk and get to know them along with an autograph and a picture.  All together I ended up with 27 autographs and my sister ended up with 17.  With a majority of my autographs I got pictures to go along with them.  Some of the autographs included; Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lance Bass, Trevor Donovan, Matt Lanter, Robe Lowe, Christian Serratos, Bruno Mars, Michael Welch, Stephenie Meyer, Mackenzie Foy, Billy Burke, Ashley Greene, Nikki Reed, BooBoo Stewart, Bronson Pelletier, Gil Birmingham, Kellan Lutz, Jackson Rathbone, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser and many many more. Since I was trying to get Rob's attention, I was not able to get Taylor or Kristen's but my sister was able to.  I unfortunately was not able to get Rob's autograph or signature which I was a little upset about but Linda did everything she could to try to get this to happen.  She even spoke with Rob's handler who said that she would have him come over but then ignored us :(.  My Breaking Dawn journal full of autographs of stars I saw on the "red carpet" I will treasure for all of my life.  But I would really give up everything to spend a couple hours with Rob; asking him things that I wanted to know about him, getting some pictures and his autograph.  I would even give up my autograph book giving it to charity just to have this ultimate dream fulfilled.  

Although my dream did not come true in meeting Robert Pattinson, I am determined to make it happen.  One of my dreams did come true that night in attending the Breaking Dawn red carpet event.  I really did have the time of my life.  I met so many stars and got a chance to talk to them for a brief second but I couldn't believe how nice they were taking their time to take pictures with their fans and do autographs.  I do have to say I wish that the big trio; Rob, Kristen and Taylor came a lot earlier.  It would make sense because they are the biggest stars in the movie and the most wanted.  I also think a lot of their time was spent on interviews which I know they have to do but it also took time away from the fans.   

A couple things that I wanted to share with you was that at one point Linda took me out onto the "red carpet" and photo's were being taken of me by my Paparazzi so to speak.  As I looked out into the crowd people were waving to me as if I were a star..so I waved back going along with it :)  I also didn't have a designer dress on and a lot of the stars said they loved my dress and that I smelled really good.  It was really amazing to be complimented by such big named stars about what I was wearing :) Another thing I really wanted to share with you was when I walked up to Peter to get an autograph and picture, I said I met you at Twi-Tour in Boston.  Do you remember my nails? He said they look better this time and laughed.  I couldn't believe he remembered me although how could he not..I don't think many people have hand painted Twilight designs on their nails as I had done which were done by my artistic sister, Nicolette Boston.  

I don't want to spoil the movie for you but I do have to say that the movie went above and beyond what I had expected. It was everything the stars described them in interviews and was also what I had pictured while reading the book.  I think Bill Condon did an AMAZING job and I can't wait to see it again at the midnight showing I will be attending this Thursday, November 17th.

The after party was INCREDIBLE.  When I took my first steps in..looking at all the details of Edward & Bella's wedding right in front of me...it took my breathe away. It was just AMAZING.  I have never been to something so elegant and beautiful.  It was really everything I pictured it would be.  I'm sure all of these pictures will be posted on Volvo's website and/or Facebook but if you would like to see them all please see my blog (addicted2twilight11.blogspot.com) in a couple of days.

Lastly I would like to thank all of my voters out there for voting for me to win this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It is something I will cherish for the rest of my life and I wouldn't have gone if it wasn't for all of you.  I also would like to extend a very big thank you to Volvo & Summit for teaming up and holding this contest every year.  You made my dream come true and it was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced.  This really meant the world to me..more than you'll ever know and I can't thank you enough.  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!  
 
see a version on Volvo Cars Us blog with a couple pictures at:

No comments:

Post a Comment